Pet Emergency Veterinary in Douglasville
Kay Animal Hospital provides the best urgent and emergency vet care for your furry friends.
Pet Emergency Veterinary Services
If you're concerned about your pet's symptoms or behaviors, don't hesitate to contact our office. The trusted after-hours emergency vet hospital listed above is here for them too.
At Kay Animal Hospital, we are passionate about animals and caring for their needs. We offer high-quality veterinary care in most emergency situations so you can feel confident knowing your pet will receive the best treatment when they need it most!
Steps to Take In An Emergency
If you are experiencing a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - Call us right away during regular business hours. Call the emergency animal hospital listed above after hours to let them know you're on your way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call the emergency animal hospital to let them know you're on your way, they may give you instructions on how to administer first aid or make your pet as comfortable as possible. Pay close attention to these instructions.
- Remain Calm - Maintain a calm demeanor and exercise extra caution with your pet. When an animal is in pain, it may bite or scratch anyone who tries to help.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Do not put yourself in jeopardy. Bring your pet to our Douglasville veterinary clinic or the after-hours emergency veterinarian listed above.
Read through our most frequently asked questions below to learn more about bringing your pet in for an emergency appointment at Kay Animal Hospital.
- Do I need to call ahead?
Kay Animal Hospital provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs during our regular clinic hours. It's always best to contact us in advance if you can, but we understand that in emergency situations that's not always possible.
If we are unable to accommodate your pet into our schedule, we recommend that you take your pet to the above-mentioned after-hours emergency veterinarian.
- When is your clinic open?
Our veterinarians see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday:08:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday:08:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday:08:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday:08:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday:08:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday:08:30 am - 12:00 pm
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Our Douglasville animal hospital is just like a human doctor's office—it can be unpredictable and you may have to wait.
We have no way of knowing what cases we will encounter or when they will arrive. If at all possible, call ahead to see if we can provide emergency care for your dog or cat.
If we are unable to fit an emergency appointment into our vet's schedule we recommend that you visit the 24/7 animal emergency hospital detailed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies require intensive overnight care. At Kay Animal Hospital we provide overnight care for animals in need.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our emergency veterinarians are mostly familiar with cats and dogs, but they may see other small animals in life-threatening situations, such as birds and rodents.
We're Always Welcoming New Patients
At Kay Animal Hospital, we can't wait to welcome you and your four-legged friend into our veterinary family. Learn more about the services we offer and the difference our care and compassion make by booking your first appointment today!